Event Planning or management is most probably similar in analogy to planning a typical birthday party, where the preparations need to be set up in the most effective ways. However, there are more intimate details in Maui event and wedding management that need to be paid close attention to.
What does a Maui event manager do?
Nowadays, the term event manager seems to refer to an easy yet sophisticated and chic profession. Yet in actuality, there are consequences and accountabilities that are attached to this classy title of being a service provider. The name suggests the job profile of an event manager involves organizing a special affair. Concepts have to be visualized, planned, budgeted, and executed in events that are often highly regarded such as fashion or beauty shows, concerts, corporate seminars, exhibitions, wedding celebrations, theme parties, product launching, etc.
Event Planning - Time Management For Professionals
A Bar Mitzvah is an honored, important Jewish celebration celebrating a boy's coming to age. A Bar Mitzvah symbolizes the boy's entrance into manhood at the age of 13. Putting religious ceremonies aside, a Bar Mitzvah is a huge, exciting celebration where the boy turned adult is treated almost like royalty, getting the best on this special occasion. It's important to celebrate this coming-of-age with a bang -- and that bang usually involves a spectacular party. Here are five essentials for making your son's Bar Mitzvah a spectacular, memorable event:
1. Great invitations. Send out traditional invitations with Hebrew and English wording weeks before the event. Invitation stores can make Bar Mitzvah invitations for you for convenience's sake. Otherwise, design your own with a computer graphics program such as Adobe Photoshop. A free alternative is the program GIMP or Pixia. Double-check your wording after it's completed, especially the Hebrew wording. Hebrew wording will not be the same as English wording. If you're having trouble wording it, consult a Hebrew linguist. Send these invitations out two weeks to a month before the actual Bar Mitzvah.
2. Pick a great location. Whatever you do, don't hold it at home. It should be held in a place of worship, or if you're very casual, a cute bar or restaurant. Make sure to decorate it plentifully -- you want to give the message that this day is very, very special in your lives. Sparse decorations won't convey that message, but ones that nicely accent your son's celebration will.
3. Travel in style. Your son is the center of attention, so treat him like he is. Have a limo take your son from your home to the Bar Mitzvah location. Fill the limo with gifts, non-alcoholic drinks, and finger food -- but let the limo driver know that he should take his time driving him to that location. That way your son can enjoy his day of coming-of-age, as well as arrive in style.
4. Delicious food. It's not a Bar Mitzvah without delicious food, right? Serve delicious food such as finger sandwiches, decadent sweets, and other goodies that younger and older generations will enjoy. Be mindful of dietary restrictions.
5. Meaningful speeches. It is not a true, meaningful Bar Mitzvah without speeches from the Torah. Relatives can read stories and speeches in English or native Hebrew, telling the tales of adulthood and coming-of-age. It's truly meaningful for the family and the son, something everyone will remember for ages.
Highlighting how special your son is - and how important his coming of age is - are the fundamental elements to creating a great, memorable Bar Mitzvah - besides a sprinkling of love, that is.
Event Planning or management is most probably similar in analogy to planning a typical birthday party, where the preparations need to be set up in the most effective ways. However, there are more intimate details in event management that needs to be paid close attention to.
Nowadays, the term Event manager seems to refer to an easy yet sophisticated and chic profession. Yet in actuality, there are consequences and accountabilities that are attached to this classy title of being a service provider. The name suggests the job profile of an event manager involves organizing a special affair. Concepts have to be visualized, planned, budgeted, and executed in events that are often highly regarded such as fashion or beauty shows, concerts, corporate seminars, exhibitions, wedding celebrations, theme parties, product launching, etc.
What is good about this career and its gaining popularity is the minimal requirement for financial investments, yet it allows the planner to be independent and flexible. Personal traits, character and attitude are of more importance in event planning. The planner of events must possess a real passion in holding or conducting affairs, they need to be organized and able to work in flexible and often extended hours. Although this exciting career among the younger generation may have been seen as a sensational one, it also demands a substantial amount of hard work and effort. Perfection is a major quality that must be achieved in any event management and therefore requires a great quantity of patience, good communication skills and comprehension to be practiced by an event manager. Duties must be discharged with efficiency, challenges must be confidently faced and situations must be given due attention and reaction. Team spirit, leadership and organizational skills are as well required in event planning. Every detail no matter how minute must be paid close attention to.
There are also courses available to be taken by anyone who decide on taking a career in event planning. Eligibility courses usually requires to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline but most preferred are management-related fields, social sciences, liberal arts and humanities. Individuals who are of interest simply have to finish these courses that are offered in many academic institutional and universities. Short term certificates as well as post graduate MBA courses may also be taken. Major areas of principles and techniques must also be mastered to effectively perform and execute the duties of an event planner. These principles include public relations, organizational development, communication and implementation.
Training and experience also contribute in becoming an adept and qualified event manager. While at school, the aspirant may work as an event staff personnel for sporting festivals and leagues. If there are local music shows to be held, assist in the preparation. Internships also play a major role in molding a successful planner.
Upon completion of qualifying courses, the event planner can join established companies in event planning or they may choose to set up and start their own business. Employment are available from corporate and public sectors, government agencies, tourist agencies, hotels, banks and other financial institutions, private consultancy firms etc.
- Maui Wedding Photographer
- Kaanapali Birthday Party Rentals
- Kihei Destination Wedding
- Kula Birthday Party Rentals
- Lahaina Destination Wedding
- Lanai Island Party Event Planners
- Maalaea Destination Wedding Packages
- Makawao Birthday Party Rentals
- Makena Destination Wedding
- Paia Birthday Party Rentals
- Wailea Beach Wedding
- Wailuku Corporate Event Planner
- Waikapu Party Event Planners